Girls TAASC is an opportunity for girls to create a safe and welcoming environment where they can grow through discovery and development of their strengths.
Through games and problem solving activities, art, reflection, and instruction of adventure outdoor skills, we talk about how girls perceive themselves and women in society. We examine how girls and women are often seen and heard and how this reality can affect their leadership style.
The program aims to build community, develop leadership, and foster individual growth, as well as build close relationships among group members. Students will develop their inner and outer strength in an all-female environment where they can discover courage and abilities they didn’t know were there. Mindfulness, compassion and caring will also be explored.
Mostly though, this program will create the opportunity for a new generation of female leaders to learn, grow and develop in an outdoor setting in a way that is best for them.
There are 2 different age-groups in our Girls program
Older Girls TAASC program:
- The Older Girls program is open to girls aged 8 – 13. (For girls that are 14 and older we recommend joining our co-ed Older Group)
- 12 weekly skills meetings per quarter
- 1 weekend adventure trip per quarter
- Tuition is $395 per quarter
- Older Girls meet on Thursdays (4.00 – 5.30 pm @ Evergreen)
Younger Girls program:
- Younger Girls is for girls 6 – 7 years old.
- 12 weekly meetings per quarter
- 1 weekend day-trip per quarter
- Tuition is $315 per quarter
- Younger Girls meet on Mondays (4.00 – 5.30 pm @ Evergreen)