Below is a quick summary of our weekend day trips for the 2020 Fall Quarter (Sept – Nov).
We will send you an email a week before your trip with all the details and how to prepare/pack. Also please note that weather conditions can cause a trip to cancel. If this happens we will re-schedule.
COVID Protocol – Please be familiar with our Covid-19 Protocol as it applies to these day trips.
We will not be running any overnight trips due to Covid. Instead we’ll be offering several fun day experiences. We will review this monthly.
Water Safety and Skills Series
All groups will participate in this series to develop and build water based skills. There are 2 half-day sessions planned for each group.
Here’s what we’ll be doing:
- All kinds of canoeing skills
- kayak skills
- water safety and rescue skills
- fun, games and swimming are built right into these sessions
- Older teen group will also complete a water life-saving clinic and more advanced kayak skills including rolls.
Time: Depending on your group, you will either be in a morning or afternoon session
- Morning session: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Afternoon session: 1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
Tuition: This will be included in your quarterly tuition. (Each of these sessions is $60, so $120 for both)
Venue: Camp Woodson in Fairview NC (here’s the link for directions)
- Sept 12 – Younger Girls group water skills #1 – morning session
- Sept 12 – Boys group water skills #1 – afternoon session
- Sept 19 – Older Girls group water skills #1 – morning session
- Sept 19 – Older teen group water skills #1 – afternoon session
- Oct 3 – Younger Girls group water skills #2 – morning session
- Oct 3 – Older Girls group water skills #2 – afternoon session
- Oct 10 – Boys group water skills #2 – morning session
- Oct 10 – Older Teen group water skills #2 – afternoon session
If a session is rained out / lightning etc we will reschedule for the following day (Sunday)
Parents are welcome to stay and watch or you can drop off and go.
An email with full trip details will be sent out the week before the trip. This will include what to bring and wear, directions and other details.