Girls TAASC is an opportunity for girls to create a safe and welcoming environment where they can grow through discovery and development of their strengths.
Through games and problem solving activities, art, reflection, and instruction of adventure outdoor skills, we talk about how girls perceive themselves and women in society. We examine how girls and women are often seen and heard and how this reality can affect their leadership style.
The program aims to build community, develop leadership, and foster individual growth, as well as build close relationships among group members. Students will develop their inner and outer strength in an all-female environment where they can discover courage and abilities they didn’t know were there. Mindfulness, compassion and caring will also be explored.
Mostly though, this program will create the opportunity for a new generation of female leaders to learn, grow and develop in an outdoor setting in a way that is best for them.
There are 2 different age-groups of girls:
- The main Girls program is open to any girls aged 8 – 13. (For girls that are 14 and older we recommend joining our Older Group, which has around 9 amazing girls)
- Mini-TAASC will be for girls that are 6 – 7 years old. This program will be meetings only.
The main Girls TAASC program tuition is as follows:
- 12 weekly skills meetings per quarter
- 1 weekend adventure trip per quarter
- Tuition is $395 per quarter.
Mini-TAASC tuition will be:
- 12 weekly meetings (no trips) for $270 per quarter
For students who prefer to ease in – we recommend our Ultra-light program:
- 12 weekly skills meetings only (no trips) for $270 per quarter.
Girls are always welcome to attend any additional trips with our regular program (just $125 per trip)
Girls TAASC will be run by experienced female staff: Lucy MacGregor and Becky Kluge. Beth Hockman will help run the mini-taasc group.
Meetings will be at Evergreen Community Charter School on Thursdays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm
Click the Red Button to sign up and Register