Girls TAASC is an opportunity for girls to create a safe and welcoming environment where they can grow through discovery and development of their strengths.
Through games and problem solving activities, art, reflection, and instruction of adventure outdoor skills, we talk about how girls perceive themselves and women in society. We examine how girls and women are often seen and heard and how this reality can affect their leadership style.
The program aims to build community, develop leadership, and foster individual growth, as well as build close relationships among group members. Students will develop their inner and outer strength in an all-female environment where they can discover courage and abilities they didn’t know were there. Mindfulness, compassion and caring will also be explored.
Mostly though, this program will create the opportunity for a new generation of female leaders to learn, grow and develop in an outdoor setting in a way that is best for them.
There are 2 different age-groups in our Girls program
Older Girls TAASC program is as follows:
- The Older Girls program is open to girls aged 8 – 13. (For girls that are 14 and older we recommend joining our co-ed Older Group)
- 12 weekly skills meetings per quarter
- 1 weekend adventure trip per quarter
- Tuition is $395 per quarter (includes all meetings an 1 trip)
Younger Girls program is as follows:
- Younger Girls is for girls that are 6 – 7 years old.
- 12 weekly meetings per quarter
- 1 weekend day-trip per quarter
- Tuition is $315 per quarter (includes all meetings and one day trip)
For students who prefer to ease in – we recommend our Ultra-light program:
- 12 weekly skills meetings only (no trips) for $270 per quarter.
If you’re looking for more adventures
Older Girls are always welcome to attend any additional overnight trips with our regular program (just $125 per trip)
Meetings are at Evergreen Community Charter School on Thursdays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm
Click below to Sign up and Register