September 2021 Covid-19 Protocols
During these odd times, TAASC must mandate protocols to keep both students and their families safe. There is an inherent risk in all activities, and that risk is significantly heightened during this pandemic. We are mitigating these risks through the policies below. We believe that these few risks are worth taking to provide a vibrant educational environment for our students. As a program; we will be following all State and Federal mandates concerning Covid-19. These protocols will stay in affect as most children under 12 have not been vaccinated and so all our students will continue to comply during our programs.
- The possession of a mask is required during all TAASC events.
- TAASC meetings and trips will require masks to attend
- Meetings will be held outside – we may have to cancel meetings if weather is extreme enough to prevent us being outdoors.
- We expect full transparency from our community about symptoms, exposure, and testing results.
- Students who are sick must not attend any TAASC Events.
- Students who have significant exposure to Covid-19 (prolonged proximity to a suspected or positive case) will stay home for 14 days.
- If our program experiences an outbreak, TAASC events will be suspended for a minimum of 14 days.
- TAASC Bus travel requires masks must be worn + windows all open
- We will be running several day adventure and skills trips for each group each quarter
- TAASC will not be hosting overnight trips for the younger groups. This will be re-assessed over time.
- The Older Teen group will be doing overnight trips as they are mostly vaccinated and or have the skills to socially distance on trips.
- Masks and social distancing will be required on all trips