Feb 2021 Covid-19 Protocols
During these odd times, TAASC must mandate protocols to keep both students and their families safe. There is an inherent risk in all activities, and that risk is significantly heightened during this pandemic. We are mitigating these risks through the policies below. We believe that these few risks are worth taking to provide a vibrant educational environment for our students. As a program; we will be following all State and Federal mandates concerning Covid-19. These protocols are subject to change as our regions’ conditions change.
- The possession of a mask is required during all TAASC events.
- TAASC meetings will require masks to attend
- Meetings will be held outside – we may have to cancel meetings if weather is extreme enough to prevent us being outdoors.
- We expect full transparency from our community about symptoms, exposure, and testing results.
- Students who are sick must not attend any TAASC Events.
- Students who have significant exposure to Covid-19 (prolonged proximity to a suspected or positive case) will stay home for 14 days.
- If our program experiences an outbreak, TAASC events will be suspended for a minimum of 14 days.
- The Bus Capacity will be limited to 10 and masks must be worn + windows all open
- We will be running several day adventure and skills trips for each group each quarter
- TAASC will not be hosting overnight trips — This will be re-evaluated often
- Masks and social distancing will be required on all trips
We understand how important providing student transport is and that suspending that option would put added stress on families. We also understand that in providing transport more students will be able to attend trips and other events. All things considered, we will be providing student transport with the TAASC Bus. Students will be required to wear masks and limit each row to one student; this limits the bus capacity to 10. Dependent on your comfort level and as always, you are welcome to drive separate. We will be re-evaluating this on a monthly basis.
TAASC will have weekly meetings on Thursdays during the usual times.
Both Girls Groups and the Boys Group meet from 4:00pm-5:30pm; Olders will meet from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
Our meetings will take place at Evergreen. Our goal is to be outdoors and in action, learning skills and leadership.