Fall 2020 Covid-19 Protocols
During these odd times, TAASC must mandate protocols to keep both students and their families safe. There is an inherent risk in all activities, and that risk is significantly heightened during this pandemic. We are mitigating these risks through the policies below. We believe that these few risks are worth taking to provide a vibrant educational environment for our students. As a program; we will be following all State and Federal mandates concerning Covid-19. These protocols are subject to change as our regions’ conditions change.
- The possession of a mask is required during all TAASC events.
- TAASC meetings will require masks to attend
- Meetings will be held outside – we may have to cancel meetings if weather is extreme enough to prevent us being outdoors.
- We expect full transparency from our community about symptoms, exposure, and testing results.
- Students who are sick must not attend any TAASC Events.
- Students who have significant exposure to Covid-19 (prolonged proximity to a suspected or positive case) will stay home for 14 days.
- If our program experiences an outbreak, TAASC events will be suspended for a minimum of 14 days.
- The Bus Capacity will be limited to 8 and masks must be worn + windows all open
- We will be running several day trips for each group. This includes a water-safety and canoe/kayak series (for all groups). These water based programs will be run out of the old Camp Woodson in Fairview. More details about these will be emailed to you.
- TAASC will not be hosting overnight trips — This will be re-evaluated often
- We will be offering day trip experiences this fall. The first is a water safety skills series – info will be sent to you soon
- Masks and social distancing will be required on all trips (unless in the water, in which case we will still ask everyone to socially distance)
We understand how important providing student transport is and that suspending that option would put added stress on families. We also understand that in providing transport more students will be able to attend trips and other events. All things considered, we will be providing student transport with the TAASC Bus. Students will be required to wear masks and limit each row to one student; this limits the bus’ capacity to about 8. Dependent on your comfort level and as always, you are welcome to drive separate. We will be re-evaluating this on a monthly basis.
TAASC will have weekly meetings on Thursdays during the usual times.
Meetings will resume on September 10th.
Both Girls Groups and the Boys Group meet from 4:00pm-5:30pm; Olders will meet from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
Our meetings will take place in a variety of outdoor places like the Folk Art Center, the Mountains to Sea Trail and also at Evergreen. Our goal is to be outdoors and in action, learning skills and leadership.
[As the season progresses we may look at shifting the Older Group slot to an earlier time on a different day. We’ll be asking for your input on this shift as we get started.]